This guide will walk you through a swap transaction using the Proton Swap website and the Proton Wallet App (Android and iOS).
- You will need to create an account and compete verification, depending on your country of residence. For details, check out this guide.
- You need to have a balance in one of the supported cryptocurrencies.
Let’s get started
- Navigate to protonswap.com.
- Open your Proton Wallet on your mobile device.
- Back on the web page, Click on ‘Connect Wallet’ in the top right corner of the screen. Select Proton Wallet to bring up the QR Code that will connect your Proton Wallet to Proton Swap Web.
- In Proton Wallet, tap on the dashed square button on the bottom toolbar to bring up the QR Scanner.
- Use the scanner to scan the QR code on the web page and tap ‘Authorize’ in Proton Wallet.
- Enter your PIN code or use the fingerprint scanner to authorize the transaction.
- Great! You’re now logged into Proton Swap using the Proton Signing Request (PSR)! The funds in your wallet are now available to use in Proton Swap!
Next, we will complete a transaction inside Proton Swap:
- Select the cryptocurrency you would like to swap in the top window and select the cryptocurrency you want to receive in the bottom window.
- Enter the quantity and the exchange value received will be calculated automatically. Once you're ready to initiate the trade, click 'Swap".
ℹ️ You might have noticed that I only swapped 1 XPR which came to less than a penny. With Proton Swap, you don't have to worry about outrageous gas fees. You can even swap fractions of a penny!
- In the web page, a timer for 2 minutes will appear. Grab your mobile device and open Proton Wallet, tap ‘Authorize’, and use your PIN code/ fingerprint to authenticate before the 2 minutes expire.
- Success! Your swap settles instantly and best of all, you paid 0 gas fees!