This guide will show you how to receive and convert one of the many cryptocurrencies available on Proton Swap from an external wallet or service provider.
- You will need to create and verify your account. For details, check out this guide.
- Open the Proton Wallet app on your mobile device. We will need it to authorize the transaction.
Let’s get started
Navigate to Protonswap.com/bridge
Click on the “Connect Wallet” button on the top right corner of the page
Select Proton Wallet
You will need to grab your mobile device at this stage. Open the Proton Wallet app and follow the on-screen prompts to scan the QR code and authorize access.
When you see your name appear in the top right hand corner of the webpage, you can confirm your Proton Wallet app is connected to protonswap.com. Next, select the Deposit tab and then select the coin you would like to deposit.
⚠️ Double check the deposit address and cryptocurrency match - sending the wrong type can result in permanent lost of funds!
- For this guide, I will be receiving USDC but the process will be the same for any of the listed cryptocurrencies. Also, be sure to check back often as we are adding new cryptocurrencies regularly. After selecting the coin, a popup will be presented that requests a review of the transaction on your mobile device.
- Grab your mobile device again, and open Proton Wallet. As soon as the app finishes loading, you will now see a prompt. Follow the on-screen instructions to authorize the transaction.
- You will now see a QR code and Deposit Address displayed on the Proton Swap website. You can now send coins from your external wallet or service provider to the deposit address you just generated.
- That’s it. Keep an eye on the transaction hash status to confirm the coins have been sent. Your account will be credited after our system has sufficient time to confirm the transaction, which usually takes about 20 minutes after the transfer has been posted to the blockchain.